Face-to-face communication takes place when two or more people meet personally.
Advantages of Face-To-Face Communication
- It is a combination of verbal and non-verbal factors. This makes the message more effective, due to the use of paralanguage and body language.
- Immediate feedback is possible.
- The speaker can modify his message immediately if the receiver‘s response tells him it is necessary. The receiver can also ask questions and clear his doubts immediately.
Disadvantages of Face-To-Face Communication
- Face-to-face communication is difficult to practise in large organisations where there are many people in different departments, and in different places.
- It is not effective when the receiver does not pay attention to the message.
- It is not effective when the gathering consists of too many people.