Skip to content
According to Company Act
- To sign documents and proceedings requiring authentication by the company.
- To deliver return of allotment the Registrar.
- To give notice to registrar for increase in the share capital.
- To deliver share certificate of allotment within 2 months after transfer.
- To make entry for register of members of the share warrant.
- To send annual return
- To send notice of general meeting to every member of the company.
- To make statutory books
- To sign every balance sheet and P/L accounts in case of a non-banking financial company.
- To prepare minutes of every General Meeting and Board Meeting within 30 days
- To file a resolution with the registrar.
According to IT Act
- To ensure proper income tax is deducted at source from the salary of employees
- To see that the certificate of TDS is issued.
- To ensure that the tax deducted is deposited to government treasury
- To submit and verify various forms and returns
Under Indian Stamp Act
- To see that the documents like letter of allotment and share certificate etc. are properly stamped.
Under other Act
- To comply with other acts such as FEMA, Minimum Wages Act, Industrial Dispute, Employee State Insurance Act etc.
- To comply with internal regulations and legislation
- Duty to exercise due care and diligence
- To draft director report
- Maintaining the statutory registers of the company
- Ensuring Board decisions are properly communicated
- Registration of share transfers and issuance of related share certificates
- Communicating with company shareholders
- Safe custody of common seal
- Certifying documents such as Certificate of Incorporation,
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Giving legal advice to Directors
- To act as an information link